Restaurant & Catering
FoodIE ADVENTUREs IN MOROCCO
(two trips available)
March 29th – April 9th
April 9th – April 20th
A FOODIE ADVENTURE IN MOROCCO
Join Renee and the Good Thyme Staff for a “foodie” adventure in Morocco. March 29th – April 9th, 2020
Morocco is one of those countries that just intrigues and excites! With its stunning Arabesque architecture, souks and even blue-coloured cities – it’s unlike so many places you can visit.
Then there’s the landscape! The snow-capped Atlas mountains, the powerful Sahara desert and the colourful hills which are home to many Berber people.
Morocco is a fascinating and intriguing place to visit and it’s one place that will leave you wanting to explore even more of it once you visit!
Food, scenery and culture! Join us for this fantastic journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
CASABLANCA – RABAT
Enjoy site seeing with our private guides as we explore the streets, culture, wine, the dungeons, towers, the food and the scenic regions. At the end of the day; kick back to have a drink by the pool.
One day is hardly enough for all the wonders of the largest still standing enclosed city in the world and world- famous for its leather and metalwork to not mention the medersas or the leather tanneries, the 9500 derbs (narrow alleys), and one of the oldest universities in the world.
We will be riding in style! Our tour cars are comfortable air-conditioned 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers. There will be 3 people per Land Cruiser. Cold refreshment are provided.
Spend the day exploring the area. Pry out fossils, have tea with the nomads and try the local ‘pizza’, join in for a dance with the Gnawa, visit the old mines, scout for rock engravings or pre – Islamic tombs, among others. You can also try quad biking or sand surfing. Late afternoon, get taken to your desert camp, to arrive there in time for sunset.
LUXURY OASIS CAMP
We will be spending a night at LUXURY OASIS CAMP, a new luxury camp in the Desert, in Merzouga, Erg-Chebbi. The Staff is waiting for you to show you their services.
We will be staying at a Riad. Riad is traditional house in Morocco. It is characterized by having an inner courtyard or a garden as the central element of the building. As a matter of fact, the name comes from the Arab word ‘ryad‘ – garden.
OUALID NACIRI – MASTER GUIDE
Meet Oualid Naciri…our Master Guide. He was born and raised M’hamid, a small village in the Zagora province in southeast Morocco. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Agadir, Oualid entered the tourism business and has spent the last twelve years arranging and guiding tours around Morocco. Oualid is fluent in English, French, Arabic, and Berber. He also holds a basic command of Spanish, German and Italian.
THE MOROCCO Package
- Pick up at airport (trip starts after pick-up) and drop off.
- Private (sole) use of 8 English speaking drivers, the official English Speaking notional guide and the modern air-conditioned Toyota 4x4s.
- Boutique/ luxury accommodation in 12 double/twin Superior rooms for 9 nights.
- Sahara camel trek and 12 luxury private en suite tents for 1 night.
- 7 (seven) three-course meal dinners, 1 lunch and 9 breakfasts.
- Private guided visit of Fes with a local guide.
- Private guided visit of Sale with local university teacher.
- Private guided trek of Dades gorge or around Skoura’s palm grove with local guide.
- Moroccan cooking class and lunch for in the medina of Marrakech.
- Private guided visit of the medina of Marrakech with local guide.
- All other local guides.
- Refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary.
- Admission fees to all local sites and attractions.
- 24 hour travel assistance.
- Transport insurance, gasoline and highway tolls.
- Airfare to and from Casablanca, Morocco
- Single supplement (private room with private bath). $400.00 (only three available)
- Insurance for trip cancellation, baggage or health issues. This insurance is highly recommended.
Day 1 : CASABLANCA – RABAT
Day 2 : RABAT – MEKNES – DOMAINE ZOUINA – FES
Day 3 : FES.
Day 4 : FES FOOD TOUR
Day 5 : FES – AZROU – MIDELT – ERFOUD – MERZOUGA
Day 6 : MERZOUGA.
Day 7 : MERZOUGA – TINEJDAD – TINERIR – TODRA – SKOURA
Day 8 : SKOURA – OUARZAZATE – AIT BENHADDOU – MARRAKECH
Day 9 : MARRAKECH.
Day 10 : MARRAKECH.
Day 11 : MARRAKECH – CASABLANCA.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT